As much as I am ready to move, I always hate saying goodbye. I think that's the absolute hardest part of being a military spouse. I have made a lot of good friends in Kuwait - from ALL over the world. It sometimes blows my mind to think of a little girl growing up her whole life in AR and then living the life I have in the last 16 years. My eyes have forever been opened to the needs of the other parts of the world. I honestly believe I will come back one day, on a mission trip. I was always bored to death when they talked about missions at church when I was growing up, but now I have seen it first hand and it is a reality to me.
Today, we said goodbye to Kumari. I tried to keep it light, but it wasn't light at all. As much as I'm looking forward to having our own house back again with just the 5 of us, I am heart broken for her. I've been prepping the kids for the long anticipated event. Last night, as Jordyn took her bath, I told her (again) that today was the last day we would see Kumari. I think it finally hit her. She looked up and said, "forever?" I replied "probably so." She said, "well, we can just talk to her on the computer and call her on the phone on her birthday and at Christmas!" If only it were that easy. Kumari doesn't have a computer and when she goes back to Sri Lanka (hopefully in November), we won't have her phone number. We may very well lose all contact with her. As far as the actual saying goodbye, Jordyn took it great and she was the one I was worried about. She gave her a hug and then asked us both why we had "drips" in our eyes. Landen bit his lip, but he didn't cry - I think he wanted to, but he's growing up. Hayden, poor little guy, he cried hard. I didn't see that one coming... he's the one who never says a word, usually because he can't between Landen and Jordyn talking!
So, keep Kumari and her two girls in your prayers. She will forever be in our hearts.... This explains my feelings for today. I found it on facebook from a friend and couldn't resist!

No comments:
Post a Comment