Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last Day of Work




I waited to the last minute to have my picture made with Ambassador and Mrs. Tueller.  I ended my last day of work at the Children's Medal Recognition Ceremony for those children at the Embassy who had a parent that was on an unaccompanied tour (State Dept. version of a deployment).  The Tueller's are a lovely couple and it was fun getting to work with them so closely on events throughout the year!  

Here are a few other pics around the office...  The first one is of Betty and I with the maid that cleaned our office every day.  She has worked at the Embassy for over 15 years!  Her family, including grandchildren, are all in India.  She cried when I told her goodbye and I don't even know her all that well.  Her English is very limited, but she understood she wouldn't see me anymore and she pointed to heaven with tears in her eyes.  Heart breaking!  

This is the library portion of the office. My desk is off in a room attached near the door.  We have so many books in there they are falling off the shelves.  People constantly donate them and others come to see what they can find - kind of like a library, but not a monitored one because we have 10,000 other things to occupy our time.  Hopefully, the summer intern can get them back to being organized!  



That's all I got!

2 comments:

Terri said...

I think it's so neat that you got to work there this last year. I know you'll miss all those lovely people.

Mom/Dad said...

We have enjoyed your postings from Kuwait. Now looking forward to "stuff" from Vegas.