Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kuwait is Westernized...

I was reminiscing on my old blog tonight and can't believe how little the kids were when we moved to Germany. They are literally growing up overseas.  I got so tickled at a few of the videos I had on that thing.  I'm going to try to be better at posting about our experiences here in Kuwait.  It's so much fun to look back at and I know I will regret it one day if I don't.

I took a few pictures around town of common american fast food restaurants.   So much of Kuwait is westernized.  There malls are continually packed and so are the restaurants.  There is almost everything you can think of (except Chick Fil A, Sonic, and Mexican food.)  The ketchup is different, which I find strange.  It taste more like a coctail sauce.  Other than the menus being a little different, it is basically the same processed food as we are used to getting in the good ole' USA.  There is a Subway, Papa John's, Shrimpy's, Charley's, Pink Berry, and Taco Bell just opened up in one of the malls.  I hear Cheesecake Factory is going to open at some point, but I'm not sure when or where yet. You get the idea.  One day, I will have to take some pictures of the 2 story ones that are actually on Gulf Road overlooking the water.






We're going to try and go "Liberation" light looking this weekend with the kids one night this weekend.  It's like Christmas around here with all the lights.  Next weekend is the BIG weekend....  Landen is going to be playing in a baseball tournament with teams coming in from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Dubai, and Qatar.   Should be fun!

3 comments:

normarowland said...

So glad you've decided to do more of this. I check it every day. I know how difficult it is for you, but it is like a permanent journal, which Facebook is not. It means so much to me and your parents to share all this with you.

Anonymous said...

Love the Cheesecake Factory. Hope they open it before you leave.

The Traxsons said...

So if I ran the 1/2 marathon, I could go to KFC afterwards ;) Can't wait to hear all about the Liberation Day tournament! I bet Landen is so excited!