Thursday, February 24, 2011

Liberation Lights





I'm posting a few pictures from the houses and buildings around the city.  They really don't do it justice and are blurry, but you get the idea.  We were driving fast and I couldn't figure out the night settings on my camera.  It's like Christmas here - decorated with the flag and the Amir everywhere.  I passed a bulldozer yesterday with flags hanging off of it, so that gives you an idea of how big this is for Kuwait.  The following picture you have to look hard at the back window.  I'll try to get a better picture in daylight hours this weekend, but it's a picture of the Amir if you look...


Check out this picture.  It's a busy corner at a big intersection with a small triangle of sand/shrubs in between. See the little boy?  He is playing with another little boy - traffic surrounding them on all three sides at a busy intersection.  You see stuff like this all the time here.  No safety concerns...  no seatbelts...  4 wheelers with no helmets...   These little boys were probably about 7 and 5 or something around there.


I think most of the people who read this are friends with me on FB.  I posted a bunch of pictures from work yesterday on my profile.  I'll post a couple of more on here just in case you aren't a facebook fan.  We had a huge celebration at school and I love seeing the little kids all dressed up.  They really go all out!








Off to the Liberation baseball tournament that Landen was chosen to play in this weekend.  Today, his team plays Quatar.  Yesterday, his team played Saudi Arabia and won by 2 runs!  I was at work and sick that I missed it, but Matt got to go and sent me lots of text messages to keep me updated.   He has one game today and 2 more tomorrow so we will be at the fields all weekend.  I'll get pictures from that this weekend....  provided we make it to the ball fields.  Road closures and traffic are terrible.   We've been told to just stay home this weekend and Matt has to work quite a bit.   Happy 50/20 Kuwait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the little girl with the chubby cheeks!