Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sand Storm - 2011

Wow.  This is definitely not something I had hoped to experience, but I got to anyway.  I cannot even begin to describe to you the amount of dirt that accumulated in my house and on my patio in just a few short minutes.

We had been at the baseball field and come home to change clothes.  We had big plans to celebrate Landen's birthday that night.  He had invited two friends over to spend the night and we were going to Hard Rock Cafe to eat dinner and dessert.  To make a long story short....  this is what was approaching when we were ready to leave.  Needless to say, we didn't get to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6SpbWTucg

To give you a better idea, outside it looked like this:







Inside looked like this:









Newspaper Link:
http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=NDEyMjU3MzQy

Don't you wish you lived in the Middle East??  Of all times, Kumari is gone to Sri Lanka.  :-)  Ya just have to laugh and move on.  Thankfully, we were home and not out.  We had friends that were out camping and got trapped in their car for 4 hours.  15 more months, 15 more months, 15 more months.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine what this was like! A little scary being trapped by a sandstorm, and I complain about the pine pollen we have in the south in the spring.

normarowland said...

So glad you captured this on your blog. Some day it will be fun to look back on it all--but not now. A desert sandstorm. Only in the movies, unless you are living it, as you are.

Shannon said...

Wow! I can't believe this! Thanks for posting.

The Traxsons said...

That is just crazy!!!