First, let me start with an update on Kumari. Most of you know a little about her from my prior post, but in case you are just joining in - she is our live in maid from Sri Lanka. Today, she got a phone call that her youngest daughter (14) had been in a motorcycle wreck. She is in the hospital and Kumari is getting updates by phone. As of now, her daughter has opened her eyes, but they want her to rest and she has not spoken. I'm a little unclear as to whether she is sleeping from some form of medicine or if she hasn't spoken since the accident. It has been about 24 hours since it happened, from what I understand. Please pray for her and her daughter. She will get another update in the morning and will decide if she needs to fly back to Sri Lanka to be with her. She is worried because she doesn't have the money to go, she would be leaving us (she stays with Jordyn daily) and of course, she is fearful for her daughter. Her oldest daughter has come home from school to be with her little sister, but she is very upset every time Kumari speaks with her on the phone. I will keep you posted on that and we are hoping for good news in the morning. I truly can't imagine what she is feeling.
Today was yet another day on the baseball fields. We found out today that Landen's team is going to get to go to Qatar AND Dubai in April (and Poland this summer.) We have been toying around with what to do about Spring Break and I am thankful we had not booked any trips! I was able to get off work for the Dubai tournament because I have been saving my 2 personal days all year knowing this might be a possibility. I was bummed when I found out about Qatar because I thought I wouldn't be able to go. However, I was happily surprised when I found out the dates fall during the week of my Spring Break!! So, I get to go to both and I am delighted. I don't think we'll have any time to really sight see, but it will be fun to at least go and see what little we can. Hayden is doing fantastic too, but his age group does not travel. He'll have to get a little older before he has the opportunities that Landen is having. Today he knocked another home run. His team was down 7 to 2 and they came back to win it 9-8, so it was an exciting day for him!
I've gotta get to bed so that we can wake up to hit gymnastics and baseball again in the morning and another scrimmage in the afternoon. I've gotta figure out when to get to the grocery store at some point in there (which is not like running to Wal-mart right around the corner.) This whole working full time thing sure puts a kink in things! ha!
Here are a few random pictures:
First, a picture for you of some men dangling from power lines near our house. Looks SCARY to me!
Here's a picture of Hayden in his 2nd grade program at ASK. It's not to hard to find him.... hee, hee!
Here's a picture of some of the drivers waiting outside the school. I'm telling you again... the drivers drive the maids to the schools, the maid hops out of the car and takes/picks up the child, then jumps back in the car with the driver to go home. It is a sea of maids and drivers when the bell rings - it's the same way at the school I work in. One day I'll get a picture of them all coming in at bell time.... See how they have double and triple parked on the side of the road? Yep. Our car was blocked in when we got back to it.
3 comments:
So sorry about your maid's daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers.
I know that you are proud of the boys and how well they are doing this baseball season. When we talk about making the traveling team, we certainly don't mean traveling outside the country! So glad that you will be able to go to some of the games.
Jolee, I cannot imagine how she is feeling. I used to deal a lot with the TBI patients that had been in similar accidents when I was in grad school and you just never know. The human brain is a mystery to me. I know sleep, even if induced, is what it needs to heal. If she can get some info on what is wrong I would be glad to help her understand it.
I know she must be torn between trying to be there for her daughter and getting the information first hand and staying to help you all.
I hope it all works out for the both of you.
Sounds like you have some exciting times ahead of you regarding baseball!
have fun traveling!
WOW! What a terrible situtation for your maid. I don't know how I would be able not to just go to see my babies. David was in an accident a week ago. It took me 10 mins. to get there. I sure hope her daughter is ok. I will keep her in our prayers.
How neat for Landen to travel to all those places for baseball. I am with you on working full time and not having time for grocery shopping on the weekend. We seem to barely be home on the weekends.
Post a Comment