The boys have been gone for 3 weeks and I am super ready to have them back. I've broken a computer, my blackberry is out of money, a glass shelf in the bathroom has fallen, the Magic Jack isn't working, my AC in my car is making a funny noise, the house AC has been broken (fixed after about 5 different house calls!), and I miss my i-pad. These are the things that happen to me when Matt is gone :-)!
I also miss the sound of the boys laughter, the fighting with their sister, tucking them in bed, and just the every day kid stuff that I take for granted. I've NEVER been away from them for this long before this summer. I don't know how Matt does it! That is one thing to be thankful about over this last year - Matt has not been TDY hardly at all. That's the only thing to be thankful about - of course, I'm just kidding. I can probably find 2 more things! I also miss the security of Matt being here and knowing he is just around the corner from me. I miss him making fun of me... I miss him.
We are moved into the new house and I have gotten the pictures on the walls. I'm anxious for the boys to see it when they get here because when they left there were still LOTS of boxes. I have taken pictures, I just can't share them with you right now until Matt comes home to rescue me and my lack of technology skills. The USB port doesn't work on the computer that is working. Matt will probably come home and fix the other computer within minutes. Anyone want to take bets?! I get so frustrated with it all.
My job is going fantastic, however I am so busy I can barely see straight. I'm taking over the bus coordinator's job b/c it is vacant, and my partner in crime is on vacation. It doesn't help that all of these new people are arriving and I have no clue what I'm doing in the office. I'm learning though - QUICKLY! Nothing like being thrown into a job. Next week I have to run a meeting in front of all of the parents and children at the Embassy. That's A LOT of people and I'm already nervous! Say a prayer for me to stay calm as I hate public speaking. I'm sure Matt will be in the back making faces at me. :-) Don't encourage him.
Next time I log on, I hope to share some pics of the new house. Until then.... have a great week!
3 comments:
I know how you feel! When the kids were little and David was out of town, that was when we would end up in the emergency room or something would go wrong with the house.
I know how you feel! When David was out of town, one of the kids would end up in the emergency room or something would go wrong with the house.
Icant wait to see pics! All heck breaks loose once hunting season starts here....and the wretched illness always kicks in as well. We have until Sept 1....then we will be without greg every friday, saturday, and sunday until about march....ugh. How do the men do it???? I'm saying little prayers for you and your usb ports/technical devices :) LOve you!
Post a Comment