So much to report in just a few days! In a nutshell - we moved. I said I would NEVER move within a move (still in Kuwait), yet I agreed to it. It's been completely exhausting, but I think it will very much be worth it. Why on earth would we move? Location, location, location. It will help us stay off these crazy roads over here.
I also started my new job. I think it's going to be fantastic! It's so strange for me to not have to report my every move to someone. I'm already realizing how micromanaged I was last year. This job is going to have so much freedom and flexibility. When your working full time and have 3 children - that's important! More to come on that at some point.
Lastly, you didn't really think I was finished talking about that Poland baseball tournament, did you? I didn't think so. Read this....
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/31/sports/for-uganda-little-leaguers-exhilaration-and-then-heartbreak.html?pagewanted=all
and this... (there are many articles out there if your really interested.)
http://espn.go.com/sports/llws11/story/_/id/6827020/2011-little-league-world-series-saudi-arabia-gets-uganda-berth?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
I'm already tired of the feeling so sorry for Uganda. Does that sound unchristian of me? Probably. It's not that I don't feel terribly sorry for those kids. They have absolutely nothing as far as worldly possessions. Our kids have SO much - especially in Kuwait where children don't have one top of the line $500 bat, they have multiple top of the line bats, gloves and helmets. It's one extreme to the other. What has me upset is the thought that 4 other teams spent $1000's of dollars (it's NOT cheap to fly a family of 5 overseas and stay 8 days, trust me!) to play in a tournament against kids their own age. They wanted a fair chance to go to Williamsport and play in the Little League Wold Series and instead they were cheated. I don't blame it on the Uganda kids... I am guessing they don't even understand what it's all about or why they aren't getting to go. But, somebody knew they were falsifying documents. Coaches I am guessing, but I will never know. If you read all of the articles it states that multiple parents admitted to changing information on their birth records. These were boys with muscle definition and a lot of height. One pitcher broke another child's arm from Saudi Arabia which tells you how fast he was able to throw. Plus, the article fails to mention that while Uganda bean Saudi in the finals, Saudi had already beat Uganda two days before in the tournament. Even more impressive now that we know the truth! So in reality, they both beat each other once. It just happened that Uganda beat them in the final game.
I just wish the boys would have had a fair chance. Would they have won the tournament? Never say never, but no, I don't think that would have ever happened. However, I do think it would have left a better memory for them in their 11 and 12 year old minds. I guess it's a teaching lesson. Good luck to Saudi in the tournament! I hope they make us proud.
1 comment:
Waiting for the new pictures of the new home.
Post a Comment