Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dhow Cruise and Kuwait Towers

I had hoped to find some camels this weekend, but it was just too hot to even try. We are still having temps in the low 100's and this weekend it felt very hot. Most days the temperature feels cooler than that - more like the 80's. I'm not complaining though, I keep reading my friends posts in Germany and they are 27 degrees and on the soccer field. No thank you! I don't miss that a bit.

Last weekend we went on a dhow cruise with several other military families. The whole boat was full of Americans and it was a very pleasant evening. We boarded the boat and they served finger sandwiches and fresh squeezed juices, then followed with grilled meats, hummus, vegetables, and dessert. It lasted about 3 hours and the kids really had a great time.




This weekend we found ourselves near the Kuwait Towers so we stopped and snapped a few pictures. There is actually a restaurant and observation deck at the top, but we haven't had time to experience that yet. I'm thinking we may just take the boys to do that one day. We'll see. We have plenty of time. :-)


Work is going well and Jordyn is very happy staying home. The more I am at the school, I have no doubt that we made the right decision by pulling her out. Things are just very different here and I'll just leave it at that. Three more weeks and I get a whole week off for Eid! I'm trying to look at it as little chunks of time.

One more little tidbit. These two women walked by us while we were having lunch. They were holding hands with their husband before he departed. We know this because they are not allowed to display affection in public unless they are married. It's very common to see one man walking with 3 or 4 women. Ahhh.... this is a different world we are living in over here.


2 comments:

normarowland said...

I love Hayden's picture in the foreground. It's like, "I haven't figured all this out yet."

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good week. The cruise looked like so much fun and Jordyn looked so grown up!