Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Jordyn!

Hard to believe that my youngest child turned 5 years old last week!  She is truly a girl who has grown up overseas and is not familiar with words like "Target, Walmart, and Mexican Food."    The best line at her party after she opened up a gift certificate was "What's Toys R Us?!"    There are continual comments that she makes that make Matt and I laugh.  Little things that we don't think about...    Of course, when I'm blogging I can't think of examples.  That's always how it works, isn't it?

My new job has given me the flexibility to be able to leave when I need to which is SO nice!  I got to take Jordyn's class some cupcakes for her birthday and got to snap a few pictures.  It was fun listening to her class sing Happy Birthday to her in English, and then in Arabic. They aren't going to know what to do when we move back to America and there is only one version!  I also got tickled when she opened her card from Kumari and she said, it sings "Sonne Helwa" when typically kids would say "Happy Birthday!"

The following day we had a very low key swimming party at the Embassy.  The kids swam, ate pizza/fruit/goldfish/ & pretzels, and we had cupcakes.  That was it!  Parties and entertaining are not my thing, but Jordyn had fun and was a happy little 5 year old!

No comments: