Terri and Melissa (her roommate from law school) came to visit me this past week! She is only the second person from our family to be brave enough for the adventure, the first being my mother in law who came a year ago. It was so much fun getting to spend a little time with her. Though the week went quickly, we all felt like they got to sight see some and yet relax a little. They even threw in a 2 day trip to Dubai where they got to spend the night on the 69th floor or the Burg Khalifa (tallest building in the world)!! The pictures looked amazing and I think they were a bit more impressed than I was with Dubai. Then again, I didn't get to spend the night in the Burg Khalifa and was running to and from the baseball fields. I guess that might have put it in a different perspective. I'll let you know what I think when we have a second go around at it in the Spring.
Norma, you need to come back now that we have the scoop on what to do here. We enjoyed lunch at the top of the Kuwait Towers, toured the Embassy, went to the Heritage Souk, listened to the Call To Prayer every day, showed them where I used to live/kids school/etc, ate some local food, toured the Grand Mosque, searched for camels in the desert, watched the kids practice a little baseball, and ended the week by staying up (for most) of the Razorback vs. LSU game - we all went to bed about 2am and then were up for the airport at 6am. Yep, I'm dragging a little today and am guessing they got a little sleep on that long flight back to the good ole' USA.
During our tour of the Grand Mosque.
Terri & Melissa chillin under the Kuwait Towers while we waited for the lunch buffet to open.
See our car in the background? Jordyn is crying and refuses to get out for fear of the camel getting her!
Family shot, minus Jordyn.
Melissa got a little spooked when the camel decided to get a little closer to her head, lol!
A mosque near our house...
Trying to get the Shisha Pipe in the background - see it between us at the table behind us?
I told Terri that this is probably the last time she will be able to take a picture with Landen and she is the taller one... those days are a changing!
Thanksgiving Dinner.... cute pic of all of them!
Ladies, it was fun and you are both welcome back anytime! I only shed a few tears (which is good for me!) when I hugged my sister goodbye until next time (which better be in the U.S.!!) :-) Terri, I'm ready to visit CA again soon! Just gotta get Matt to get us back to the same continent. We can text, talk on the phone easier, there won't be terrible jet lag, spend an actual holiday with the whole family together - I'm giddy just thinking about it. :-)
1 comment:
Best trip so far!
Post a Comment