Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Inside

Here's a few pictures of the inside of the house. I'll have to post the bedrooms next time. It's taking forever for these pictures to upload and I really need to get some stuff done around here. Once I start working (more on that later) I'll probably be doing good if I post once a week or so.
Let me tell you about the inside of the house before you take a look. After the complete meltdown I had about moving to Kuwait, I had meltdown number 2 when I found out we could not take our furniture. We were only allowed to bring 4000 lbs. In moving terms and with 3 children, that's not much! I envisioned we would be living with typical TLF (temporary living facility aka hotel ) furniture, hard beds and hideous colors and it would feel like a hotel for 2 years.

I was happily surprised when I found out that was not the case. The furniture is not what I would choose if I were buying, but I guess I can't complain for the use of it for 2 years. The couches are normal colors and the furniture is all a little beat up, but it's ok. That way I don't have to worry about if the kids scratch it up or something. The walls are very white and the curtains very beige... just blah all over really. I'm hoping to buy a few more rugs, some colored candles and pillows, etc to bring a little more oomph to the house. The beds are quite comfortable, I might add.

I chose to bring as many of my decorations and pictures as I could to try and make it feel like our home. We have our own comforters and sheets for the beds, I packed ALL of the kids toys (except for ones in the garage and we had to sell the trampoline), computer, our own towels and clothes obviously. It was the hardest move I have ever experienced as far as having to sort your house. I thought it was hard sorting stuff when we went to Germany. At one point, we had our stuff on 3 continents! We had stored stuff before moving to Germany, now over 1/2 of our stuff from Germany is in storage or transit, and the rest is here with me in Kuwait. Should be interesting getting all that stuff back.












I'm sorry I haven't replied to a few of your questions on your comments. I think I'll start replying on the post so that everyone will know the answer. The first question... "Have you found a church there?" The answer? no. Honestly, we haven't even gotten to that point to try. We have researched and asked around, but we have not physically gone yet. Of course, if we were Muslim there are mosque on every block practically. Some of them are very beautiful and I will get some pictures for you at some point. We have found one Christian church that has a few satellite churches in the area. It's pretty much the Light House church or nothing for us. Several of the people we have met are Catholic and go to a mass once a week somewhere near my home. The Light House church is primarily people from the Philippines that make up the church. We plan to go give it a try and I'll let you know how that goes. That was another breaking point for me when I found out about Kuwait. I was so longing to return to the US and be in a church atmosphere that we were comfortable in and the kids enjoyed. It was an issue in Germany as well. I know that going to church doesn't make you a Christian, but I have so many great memories of my church and youth group from growing up and I want my kids to be able to experience that. Dare I say in 2 years?

3 comments:

normarowland said...

Jolee, the house looks great. You have a knack for making things look quite lovely. Can't wait to see it.

Gay said...

From this viewpoint, it looks lovely....seriously. And big and spacious!

Anonymous said...

You have made the apartment look very homey and comfortable. Good job!

Carol S.