I'll admit that this week I have been focused on the negatives of Kuwait. I toured the kids school but that will be a whole different post. Today, Matt took me to the Hilton to enjoy some sunshine. There are a few hotels here that have a deal with the US Embassy and we are able to use their facilities (pool, spa, gym) free of charge. Can't beat that! I was reminded today that Kawait does have its perks (even though I may leave here with skin cancer and you can't swim in the ocean because it's filled with poo) .
By the way, they didn't see whatever they were looking for with the moon, so my friend had to go to work I think. Matt got lucky and they went ahead and closed the Embassy so he has a nice long weekend at home with us! Days off from work for both American and Islamic holidays here... see, another perk.
6 comments:
Loved the pictures! It really looks like a beautiful country. I guess looks can be a little deceptive though.
The kids (and Matt)look great. I noticed the temperature was 115 degrees. It is hard to relate to that.
Kuddos to you for focusing on the perks and it looks like some pretty good perks too.
Isn't that just crazy about the ocean??? I am glad you get to spend time at the Hilton. That is definitely a perk! Be safe Jolee.
I have to ask why the ocean is filled with "poo".
Judy A
Judy, they dump their sewage into it right now. Supposedly, they are working on their sewage treatment system but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Post a Comment