Friday, September 24, 2010

Part 2

Let's move on to the bedrooms. The ceilings are high and the rooms are huge! I told the kids to enjoy them now because they will probably never have rooms this big again. :-) I forgot to take pictures of the bathroom that Jordyn and Hayden share, but you can see a little of it from one of the pics I posted the other day. I still am not completely finished decorating and getting things just the way I want them. I need to buy some plants and more candles, and rugs. I'll get there eventually. I've also already changed some things around from the pics below, but I didn't feel like going back to take new pics. I've hung some more pictures, moved some cluttery toys to their closets, and put the step ladder up. That box is still sitting there. I think Matt thinks the magic box fairy is going to through it and it will disappear. It's the only box left in the house at this point.


Hayden's Room



Jordyn's Room



Our Room


Landen's Room



In other news, look who learned to ride their bike without training wheels this week! She didn't want to let the boys out do her. Landen learned at age 2 (almost 3), Hayden the week he turned 3, and Jordyn just a few weeks before she turns 4 (technically, still 3.) ha! Landen gets all the credit for teaching her.



I have lots of ideas for things to post and I promise it will get more interesting as we begin to get out and explore some. We finally have most of our stuff in order and are starting to get into a routine with school. I have some more pictures to share, it's just finding time to sit here and upload them to the blog. Things are interesting around here and they get more and more interesting every day as I listen to people tell their stories. I can't wait to go to the camel races and am dying to see some out in the desert!

7 comments:

normarowland said...

I can really tell how much bigger Landen's room is than the one in Germany. Remember how they had to sit on the bed to play video games on the TV? Now they can sit on the floor! I hope camel races are scheduled while I am there.

Anonymous said...

Love the open spaces and large rooms. You are doing a wonderful job of turning an apartment into a home. Can't wait to hear about the camel races.

Cass said...

Yes! Those are huge rooms...I have worked on some projects in the Middle East - high ceilings, large rooms, hard & high shine surfaces are all status markers/signs of wealth. I imagine you have been to a few of the malls already and probably noticed this...

On another note ~ I love the 'behave' sign on Hayden's wall. I need two of those signs!

Lovely Home Jolee.

Matt Rowland said...

I hope the magic box fairy comes soon....I am soooo tired of looking at that box :)

Jennifer said...

The apartment is beautiful! You've done a great job on decorating and unpacking! I guess you're a pro by this point though. I'm enjoying keeping up with you all and are praying for your family.
-Jennifer Atchley

The Traxsons said...

i'm cracking up at Matt's comment right now! anyway, i wish landen were here to teach sam to ride without training wheels. he fell off of his bike recently and now refuses to ride it. they had a trike rally at his school today and i talked him into riding it. he leans it over onto one training wheel and rides very slowly. he's terrified of falling again and he didn't even get that hurt when he fell. he's gonna be a fraidy cat like me!

Nicole L Tubman said...

Oh my gosh, the apartment is really big. The kids rooms all look really cute. I'm impressed with how much you have settled in.