I have a feeling there will be more. It took me a grand total of 5 weeks to mess up the brand new car. :-) I wish I had a picture of the big huge rock w/ metal bars attached to it in the middle of the dirt parking lot that did the damage. I had gotten to an area where school was letting out. There was NO WHERE to park and I was already a wee bit stressed from going 3 different places in the middle of the slums to find an ATM (and a million men looking our way). I remember pulling in and thinking, I need to remember that thing is there so I don't hit it when I leave.


Obviously, I am already showing signs of Alzheimers at a very young age. I got Jordyn back into the car, strapped her in, got my GPS going and I was on a mission to get out of that place. I put it into drive (can no longer see the huge rock thing while inside) and hit the accelerator...... Crap! I hit that thing!!!!!!!! I thought I had punctured a tire or something from the horrible sound it made, but I decided to take my chances and get myself home. I prayed the whole way there and I made it without any problems.
The damage isn't so bad (despite the fact that it has under a 1500 miles on it.). It's really just that plastic piece that runs along the side of the car. It ripped the screw out and dented it a little. I'm just glad that is all it did. I'm thinking bringing a brand new car over here was a big mistake. I knew that as soon as I arrived. Well. I guess it takes the pressure off of me now, huh? A neighbor of mine said she has dents and problems all over her car. She's just going to wait until she gets back to the US and have it all fixed. It's not worth trying to here. I think I'll just adopt that policy. Thank you, honey, for being so understanding and not getting angry with me!!
While I am posting, I will answer another question I received on the comments. Does Matt like his job? How is he adjusting to all this compared to me? Yes. Matt likes his job. I really should let him answer this, huh? There is a lot of security at the Embassy and that would totally stress me out on a daily basis, but Matt doesn't seem to be bothered by anything really. He never is. He just goes, adapts, laughs, thinks life is an adventure, and goes his merry way. We have a lot of the same feelings toward Europe vs. Kuwait, but overall he likes it.
He's a glass 1/2 full kind of guy and I try to strive to be more like that. Obviously, from my blog, you can tell I'm a 1/2 glass empty girl but I feel like I have come a long, long way and try my best to have a better attitude. He has a GPS in his head, I'm serious. He doesn't get lost.... it's kind of strange to me. He's been in this type of climate many times so that is nothing new for him. He can always make me laugh about everything when I get to feeling down. He does find it all stressful with the kids and struggles some with feeling responsible when they are upset and going through such a transition. We laugh and joke a lot as a family. That's how we get through it.
5 comments:
So sorry about the car but happy the dent was not in you or one of the kids. Matt definitely did not get my "glass" genes. Pop is the positive one around here. You both complement each other nicely. You are an amazing family. Your ability to cope is awesome.
Easy for ME to say, right?...that you'll look back one day and see God SO all over your stuff right now. That truth and promise is one awesome thought. But in the meantime, you just put one foot in front of the other, huh?...and see that the kiddos do. Hang in there and keep on-a growin'!
I understand how you feel about the car. Christmas of 2008, I backed out of the garage and hit my son-in-law's truck. It didn't even put a dent in his truck but tore up my bumper. I knew the truck was there, but the old memory forgot from the time I started the car until I hit him. It was an expensive mistake! Glad that it didn't involve another car and that no one was hurt. Isn't it great to have calm husbands who let us vent or get stressed when we need to.
Ouch!
At least I hope you don't have to pay for the damage. Wishful thinking headed your way. Stressed out moms can be dangerous at all levels, just ask Casey. I know somewhere I have a guardian angel who has helped me more than once.
Post a Comment