Most of you know that I have stayed home with my kids the last several years. I worked while we lived in CA and haven't worked since then. Matt has always been so supportive of me not working. In fact, I think he prefers it.
I won't get into details of Germany, but basically it about sent me over the edge to stay home on a daily basis there. The time passed very slowly and the dreary weather didn't help any. My goal, here in Kuwait, is to make the best time possible out of the situation and for the time to pass quickly. I hate to wish our lives away, but that's honestly how I feel. I have struggled with the thought that this is the end of my staying home as far as Jordyn. She will begin kindergarten when we move back to the US.
Once Matt arrived in Kuwait, he was talking around to other spouses and a job practically fell in my lap. I sent in my resume, interviewed 2 days after I got here, and waa laa.... I have a job at a local school. I was offered either a teaching position (my major was accounting and I have no education hours) or a job as a secretary. I have thought about getting my education hours and some point to teach, but decided to go ahead and go with the secretary job for several reason. The hours are shorter, less stress, and I will have the benefit of taking Jordyn with me to work. I am going to be the KG secretary and she will be in a KG1 class. Perfect! My desk is right outside of her classroom and there is a window that I can peek in to see how she is doing. She will ride with me to work, then ride home with me afterward. My hours are from 7:10 - 3:00, no weekends, summers off, 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week Spring Break......
We are going to give it a try and see how it goes. I already have one friend who started work there as a preschool teacher and has already quit. It sounds wonderful and ideal for me, and I am excited about it. However, if it doesn't go well, it's not like I have to have a job. I'm going to work because I want to work. The last couple of weeks in the apartment have confirmed to me that I do not want to sit here all day every day. Most every spouse that I know here has some type of job - either part time or full.
So it's going to be a big week around here for us. A big transition for Jordyn and I. I feel comfortable knowing the boys are in their routine and settled, the house is settled, and now it's time for Jordyn and I to settle. I am praying this goes well for us. I think I really need it. It's going to be rough for Jordyn as she will be the ONLY American in her class. This school is made up of all Kuwaiti children. Should make for a fun class picture this year, huh? Keep us in your prayers this week.
Below are some pictures of the school. The school itself is very, very nice. It was built in 2006. However, the surroundings? I think the pictures speak for themselves.
Surrounding the School:






The School - ABS



On a side note, I am not going to go into great detail but I am struggling with a bladder infection (UTI.) It has been a problem since I arrived and I am starting my 3rd round of antibiotics this week. I have a huge history with this (kidney reflux surgery when I was young), but have never had one drag out so long without it being a kidney infection. Please keep that in your prayers as well.
4 comments:
Good luck with the new job! Getting out and about and keeping busy is a great way to pass the time. Working will put you into an environment where you can interact with other people daily. It will be a wonderful experience for Jordyn and you will be right there if she should need you.The kids are are old enough to help and it will be good for you.
Good Luck with the job Jolee. It is great when we can find a job and bring the kiddos and have the time off they get. LOVE IT
Ugh, I was hoping you were feeling better and over the infection. I hope you knock it out soon...that just sucks.
I saw today that the job is going well for you and not so well for Jordyn. i'm sure it will be hard at first - especially being so different than everyone else. But I bet she'll adjust quickly - at least I hope so!
Good Luck with the job. I hope it's everything you are looking for. I can imagine sitting around in the apartment would drive you insane. I pray that all will go better for Jordyn soon.
Post a Comment