Let's move on to where we live. We'll start with the outside today, and move to the inside on the next post. I don't want to sit here and load a million pictures right now.
Above, is the street we live on. Most of the town we live in, and many others are made up of new, huge, beautiful houses. They line almost every street, kind of on top of each other CA style with no yard. I'll get some more pics of the neighborhood at some point, but right now these are all I have on my camera. The picture on the right is the apartment complex we live in and we park our cars underneath that overhang. We can also park back behind the complex.
Most families here live in nice, luxurious, 3 story houses. We were set to live in one of those, had
seen pictures and planned who was going to have what room. However, when Matt arrived he found out this apartment was available. Why would we choose an older apartment over a brand new mansion? The kids. The other house had zero places for the kids to go outside and play. None. There was a tiny alley way (maybe 4 feet wide) and it sat right on a busy street. My kids LOVE to play outside and I LOVE for them to be outside. We knew that was going to be a problem considering the weather is so warm and conducive to being outside most of the year here. Thus, we chose the apartment.
The apartments are made up of 4 buildings, with 4 apartments in each building. They are big, 3000+ square feet apartments. Yes, they are older and have some groovy bathroom colors, but it seems to be working for us and Matt made a great decision once again. There are several other American families in the complex and lots of kids. It's a revolving door around here with various kids in and out of my house and my kids love it. It has a swimming pool, a small gym, and a recreation room (pool table/big tv/etc). Best of all, the kids can ride their skateboards, scooters and ripsticks around all the buildings. It's not a huge area and there is no grass, but I am thankful they have it!
3 comments:
All very Middle Eastern. I love the beautiful little model you have stationed in a couple of the pictures!
Enjoyed!!!!! Thanks.
Gay
I don't know what I expected, but it's better than I thought. I think you made the right decision with more outdoor space. I can't wait to see the inside.
Post a Comment